Hello everyone and Happy New Year!
As expected, the Omicron variant has taken hold and has resulted in many changes in requirements and protocol. We will be pushed and pulled as an organization. We are preparing for employees to work in different locations, work different shifts with perhaps different responsibilities as we work through the coming weeks. We do have some information and updates to share with you.
Agency Antigen Testing Clarification
Antigen tests have been ordered provincially and via private suppliers for the agency. Once they are received, they will be distributed throughout the agency. Currently, antigen testing:
- is to be completed for employees providing direct care/support in group/congregate living, visitors to those sites and people supported returning from overnight visits only as supplies are available. If supplies are depleted, please follow all screening procedures, ensure appropriate PPE is worn, continue to physically distance and ensure vaccination certificates are checked for all employees and visitors.
Please see the attached handout ‘Are you Eligible for COVID-19 Testing’ that was shared by Lambton Public Health and the Central-Lambton Family Health Team for more information on antigen testing eligibility for your reference.
Please see the provincial link ‘What to do if You’ve Been Exposed to COVID-19’. We will be using this information to guide us through COVID-19 exposures – What to do if you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 | COVID-19 (coronavirus) in Ontario
Third Dose Vaccine Clinic
The agency will be hosting a third dose vaccine clinic on January 11, 2022. Krista McCann will be the agency lead on the clinic and will reach out with all the details soon.
The agency is promoting vaccinations. If you are in need of a vaccination, you can try:
- Visiting the Lambton Public Health Vaccination in Lambton page – https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/covid-19-vaccines/#clinics
- Visiting the Petrolia Hogan Guardian Pharmacy page – https://hoganpharmacy.medmeapp.ca/schedule
- If willing to go to Chatham-Kent visit – https://ckphu.com/covid-19-vaccination-eligibility-2/
- Visiting any clinic in Lambton Public Health clinic within the last hour of the clinic closing to take any open/cancelled appointments that may have occurred throughout the day.
It is imperative that any booked appointment that is not needed is cancelled if not required. This will help ensure all doses are properly used and decrease any wasted doses.
In light of the spread of the Omicron variant and the provincial announcements, we have revised the following:
- The administration staff will work one day per week in the office where and when possible. We realize that there are positions that will need to work in the office more than the one day in order to keep the day-to-day operations of organization flowing. There will be no in-person meetings at the Administration Office at this time. This will be reviewed in two weeks.
Thank you and thinking of you all. Be safe and well…
Lambton County Developmental Services